Proper home maintenance of Armor Deck vinyl decking membrane differs by the season. Here we provide advice and tips to keep your decking safe and clean all year round.
Proper home maintenance of Armor Deck vinyl decking membrane differs by the season. To clean your vinyl decking in the spring and the summer, hose off the surface area with a pressure nozzle. For an extra clean deck surface, we recommend a mild kitchen soap, water and stiff bristle nylon brush or broom. Please refrain from using products that contain or are bleach-formulated as they may slightly discolor the surface of the vinyl membrane itself.
In the winter, we recommend that a plastic snow shovel be used to remove any snow and/or ice build-up. Salt use during icy conditions will not harm the vinyl decking membrane.
ARMOR DECK PVC, Roofing Grade, 100% Waterproof Vinyl Decking Membrane, is a long-lasting alternative to wood decking because of its resistance to stains and water damage. It’s low-maintenance compared to traditional wood decking and other coatings because it doesn’t require painting, sealing or staining. Its effective non -slip characteristics require cleaning effort , however following the cleaning instructions will make it easy for you.
Cleaning your vinyl decking at least twice a year ( more often if acid rain or air borne pollution is a problem in your area ) with a mild cleaner is all you need to do to keep it looking its best and prevent stains, mold or mildew.
Power Washing is not recommended and may cause damage to your vinyl deck. ( Compare it to taking your car regularly through a harsh mechanical car wash, or hand washing it with good soap and a soft mitt.) Over time it dulls and damages the protective UV Coating and Anti Fungal Properties.
Be sure to read the Manufacturer’s warranty before applying any type of cleaner to the deck. Some cleaners are harsh and will damage the Protective UV Coating over time causing discolouration and eventual breakdown.
For best easy cleaning results:
- Pick a day after it has rained and still cloudy , the dirt is soft and easy to remove.
- Fill a bucket with 1 gallon of hot water and add 1/4 cup of liquid hand wash dish soap. Or just squirt it directly onto the wet deck and scrub. We also recommend using Pink Solution ( www.pinksolution.ca ) for excellent results. It will not harm your deck or your plants around the deck, it’s Biodegradable.
- Spray the deck thoroughly with a garden hose to rinse off as much debris as possible.
- Dip a stiff-bristled nylon scrub brush into the cleaning solution and scrub the deck in sections.
- Rinse the scrub brush in the bucket as needed.Rinse the deck thoroughly with a garden hose and allow it to air-dry. It’s Clean!